Thread: Pregnant Yorky
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #8
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkylove View Post
She is just telling me to relax that everything is fine and normal
I just a little scared since she is my pride and joy and I don't wont anything happening to her
And yes my mother in law had yorkys bevor so she knows what to do with the birth but I just like to get as much info on it as I can get
She wait bevor the pregnancy 5.5 pounds and now in her 7 week 7 pounds
It is hard not to worry since so many things can go wrong. I have been raising yorkies for over 16 years and I still get nervous when my girls have pups, especially when it is their first litter. How old is your girl and is this her first litter? The last few days are the hardest. Make sure you or your mil watch her closely especially after day 58 from the 1st breeding. Over the years I have had a couple females deliver real early and I have had some go as long a 70 days from the first breeding.

Your girl should have a clear gooey discharge so make sure you keep her vulva clean because often the pregnant mom gets to clean herself.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!