View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
rayschicka
Yorkie Yakker

Question Thoughts on the behavior training and is it worth the cost

I just got back from an initial puppy training visit. I have 2 choices for method of training. Once a week hourly sessions with the trainer ($35 per session) with me working with Cupcake at home or Cupcake staying with the trainer for 2 weeks and I would take follow up sessions so that I would know what to do with him at home ($500). My family and I are going on vacation next week and I would have to board Cupcake anyway while we were gone so I am thinking of the 2nd option. My husband is not happy at all with the cost of option 2. (He doesn't have anything to do with Cupcake and is always complaining about him... but that's another story)

Anyway... My question is this...for those of you who have gone through training (initially consisting of sit, heal and stay). Is it really beneficial and worth the price. I really want to work on his indoor issues of nipping, chewing, listening over all.... The trainer says thoses will come with time but we have to initially work with the basic obedience of sit, heal, stay....

Thanks for any advice you can give
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!