Thread: Cloud 9
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #13
Lovetodream88
Yorkie mom of 4
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjane View Post
My two cents on this issue. This latest person is the second YT member to do this.

I do realize that there is such a thing as competition in the world of business; but one has to wonder WHO they think they are competing with. No one is making money on the beds that YHR is selling. The money goes to the pups and the only reason there is a profit is because YHR is not paying for them. The beds are made by myself and a couple of other members at OUR cost...we do not get ANY reimbursement from YHR. We DONATE the beds. So....YHR can afford to sell them at $40 which includes shipping. If a person really wanted to make money on those beds, trust me the cost would/should be much more if the person hoped to be successful. They are not cheap to make IF done properly. Now, shipping costs are about $6 - $12 per bed depending on the distance involved. So....YHR makes anywhere from $34 - $28 for each bed and 100% of that money goes to the pups veterinary costs.

The members of YT have been very generous, donating fabrics to YHR to make these beds and they also have advertised them over a period of time making it a great way for YHR to make money for the pups. So, in essence, these people who think they are
going to make so much money are only looking to take away from the pups. What I noticed today which really disgusted me is that the person listed the beds at $35 for the month of August. Of course, nothing is mentioned about shipping. I noted on her website that she charges $5 .. you simply cannot ship for that price so I guess that also cuts into her profits.

The only thing I can think of is that she is looking to grab some quick business to get her name out there??? I don't know. What I can say is she is NOT thinking of who she is trying to take money from.....sick and needy yorkies....OR she simply does not care which is very sad. Maybe she thinks she is hurting me? I don't know....I have always been very nice to her and supported her ventures to make money especially when her husband was out of work. I have helped her every time she asked me about medical issues with her pups. So...I just don't get this. She did ask me some time ago about how to obtain stuffing for the beds and she showed me a picture of one she had made. I confronted her right then about why she was doing this. She told me it was for HER pups because they loved the beds.

Well, after seeing her FB page and her website I know that was seriously not true. To top it off...she is now threatening to sell them on YT because I dared to confront her again. I was and am shocked.

This to me, is not what I call ethical enterprising.
That's what makes me so mad she is taking money from the pups who have already been through god knows what. I can not imagine why anyone would do this. I know there are a lot of people that would never ever buy from her if she did sell them here and I think if she did she would get World War 3!
Lovetodream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!