View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 01:36 PM   #1
gati1263
Yorkie Yakker

Default Legge Calve Perthes? Patella or ACL?

I am very worried about my Rubi. My little 9 month old started limping last week. At first I figured it was just her usual running around like a maniac or a walk that caused it.
Now I am worried. She goes to the vet tomorrow at 4 pm. Being a physical therapist armed with way to much orthopedic information, I am guessing ACL, patella subluxation or Legge Calve Perthes disease.
Sometime she puts a little weight on the leg walking, but hardly ever when she runs and she is not the maniac she normally is. She also has a tougher time jumping up on the couch, the day before yesterday she couldn't really do it by afternoon time, I think she was fatigued on her injured side.
I have tried palpating the area, but Rubi doesn't stay still and doesn't want me to palpate her good leg either. So I guess we wait for the X-ray tomorrow.
In the meantime I am worried! Also, she probably needs at least 2 baby teeth taken out, but I am not worried about that as much since it seems like an easier fix.
The Legge Calve Perthes disease surgery looks horrible, taking the whole humeral head out, yikes. I am on high anxiety as I love my little girl so much.
gati1263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!