Thread: Immunizations
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #15
KellyV
YT 500 Club Member

I found a holistic vet in our area that does not believe in routine vaccinations of any animals just for the sake of vaccinating them! There have been studies that over vaccinating your pets can cause more harm than good....
I had a cat that I took in for shots faithfully every year. He eventually died of renal failure... which can be brought on by over vaccinating!! It may be just a coincidence, but what if it isn't?

This vet will do a blood test (can't remember what the test is called exactly) and if the antibodies for that condition exist in her system, she doesn't get the shot! If she shows no or very little immunity to whatever it is, then we'll go ahead and vaccinate. I'm not using this vet yet (all my animals are "up to date" until next year), but I plan on switching within the next few months.... Her method makes sense to me. Why vaccinate for something that she already has the defense for?
Plus, Pixie had a bit of a reaction to her last set and it kind of scared me. I'd much rather be sure she really does need it before I do that again.
KellyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!