Thread: Immunizations
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #14
abbie's mom
Lovin' 2 Girls
Donating Member

Confused

Hi, everyone

Some of you may have seen my post, on this thread , and will understand why I am so anxious about giving Abbie her next puppy booster. This will be the second (breeder gave first). I see both sides of this: the glowing reports of puppies that do "just fine", and those reports we hope and pray will never apply to our own pets.

I talked to my vet. Of course, she insists that Abbie needs her shots, and reminds me of "the small percentage of animals who are affected". *sigh* Well, that's just dandy - until it's YOUR pet (or child) that's the exception to the 'rule'. Vet says there's no way to give these shots individually...???....which I see by reading here, that there certainly MUST be, else other vets wouldn't be doing it...?? I'm just so frustrated. And, afraid. Abbie has been a part of our lives for only three weeks, but she's just wormed her way into our hearts and has settled into her own *spot* in the fam. I worry if I don't allow the booster that she'll contract something terrible; and, I worry if I do allow the vaccine, she'll react.

I will be making some calls tomorrow to check out other vets. I hate to change, as we've been going to the same one for almost eleven years.

Join today and remove this ad!