View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
erikajoy
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default I need help! Flea question!

Okay, this might be kind of long but I need help... I'm very inexperienced with anything having to do with fleas.

background: Romeo has been on flea medication his whole life... he was on advantage and this past dose I switched him to frontline plus.

Me and my family were just on vacation for two weeks... we were in North Carolina for one week and South Carolina for another week. I treated Romeo on July 3rd with the frontline plus before we left on July 12th.

So we are at the beach for a week and everything was fine... then we went to my brothers house in South Carolina.. he just recently moved to a new house and they had it bombed three times before they moved in for fleas.

So on Wednesday I noticed Romeo was itching alot and I looked over him and found flea dirt on his ears and eventually found 3 love fleas on him and killed them. I gave him a regular bath and just scrubbed his body good and found one more flea on him. He didn't really itch other than a scratch here or there the rest of the time there.

We left this morning and while on the 17 hour car ride home I found a flea running on him.

Why in the world does he have fleas on him while he is on frontline plus?

What should I do right when I get home to prevent fleas getting into MY house?

should I apply another dose of frontline early when I get home?

I plan on not bringing any bedding into my house until I can wash them all.

Thank you guys! Im freaking out!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!