View Single Post
Old 07-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #8
docmartin
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Enjoying these stories and I hope you are entering them all into a book to publish.
Thanks Jilly,

Yes. I'm compending these little tales and hopefully I can add them to her 'Album' . Crystal has taken a great liking for Poetry, especially Longfellow's 'The Wreck of the Hesperus' and Tennyson's 'Charge of the Light Brigade' particularly the bits about 'Cannons to the right of them, Cannons to the left of them' etc. It has a nice rolling lilt and she listens very intently. Other times she joins me in chorus's of Gilbert & Sullivan's - 'A Wandering Minstrel I ', which is guaranteed to get her bouncing of the walls.

Sometimes Mum gets home and becomes upset that her 'leetle girl' or, 'Malienka Diveetchka' is in a very animated state and needs calming down. 'Your farzer ees weddy bad' she gets advised, amidst giggling her head off at our mad extravagances! I've always got on well with children and puppies are just the same I've latently found out!

She's fluent now in what we call 'Belglish' around here, a sort of split between English & Belarussian. 'Zis dog will be mad, before she ees a year old' she jokes. Seriously I think the fun has taken away those darker memories from her past and believe the contact and particularly conversation between us has been a major contributor to her amazing development - she's only been here 6 weeks Tuesday!

'Food is like words to dogs', how wonderful those little chicken strips were, and your wonderful advice Jilly...

Last edited by docmartin; 07-28-2013 at 10:50 AM.
docmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!