Thread: Shingles
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #6
Gillykat
Senior Yorkie Talker

I had shingles in March this year as I was unemployed and under SO much stress It started off as an itch on my left side and by the 3rd day the telltale rash was developing It was under my left boob and around the side and was VERY uncomfortable for the first couple of weeks - the skin was SO sensitive to any touch (it was a relief to not have to wear a bra!) and inside it felt like I had the same sort of pain as you get with a stitch in your side Taking ibuprofen helped a lot and took the pain away and left the dull ache a lot more bearable My shingle rash appeared on Saturday morning and I rang up my doctor's surgery as soon as they reopened on Monday morning and TOLD the receptionist I had shingles but the earliest appointment was on Friday - over a week after first getting the rash and 3/4 days too late to start taking medication Thankfully I haven't been left with any longterm pain and only have a very faint scar on my left side below the boob.

Like I say, I took ibuprofen once a day and that helped enormously and also dabbed a bit of cool calamine lotion on the scabs too which DID feel good

Hope you feel better soon ((((((HUGS))))))
Gillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!