View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #6
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittlerosie View Post
I have a 11 week old Yorkie Puppy Rosie. We bought her 3 weeks ago and yes I did a lot of research. 2 days after we got her she started to cough. The vet said it was kennel cough and put her on antibiotics as well as cough medicine. A couple of days later she seemed worse took her back to the vet and he gave her more medicine. A few days later she was worse again and the vet was not in (vet was referred by breeder) I took her to the vet I used on my last baby and found she was totally infested with strongyloides (threadworms). Yuk!!! She has been on panacure for 5 days as well as amoxicillian, cough meds, and we use revolution. She seemed to be improving but today she is much worse. I don't know what else to do she has been sick since we got her - I have taken to the vet a total of 7 times. Any suggestions? Of course the breeder is of no help!
Who is this breeder you did reseanch on? Save some other person the agony you are going through, by telling us who you thought was an excellent, trustworthy breeder, and have been rooked. If your breeder has suddenly gone worthless, depending on which State you live in, you may have the protection of Lemon Laws on your puppy. There should be some kind of recourse against the vet thay is obviously in cahoots with the "breeder".... That will give you some added strength in small claims court, where you may be able to recoup vet bills and the cost of the puppy. I am so sorry for this poor little darling that rs starting life so sick.....I personally have little respect for a "breeder" that lets babies go at 8 weeks old....we discuss that here all the time. It is not something responsible breeders do.

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 07-25-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!