View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #8
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Huey has done this twice in 1 year. Unsteady gait, unfocused eyes, lethargy, vomited yellow foam... Of course, both times we went straight to the vet, had labs done, etc. The 2nd time he had a urinary tract infection, the 1st time, nothing. The vet suggested that it might have been a seizure (I didn't see the start of either episode) and he was possibly post-ictal (the groggy, out of it state after a seizure), especially since yorkies are prone to seizures. She did say that if this behavior increased in frequency that we could do a neuro work up, but even if it IS seizures, 2 in one year, or even 2 in 6 months is not something they would medicate. He hasn't done it again, so I will continue to just watch him, but you better believe that I will be at the vet immediately AGAIN if it happens again. I agreed with my vet that a full neuro work up, MRI, etc, might be a little much for just 2 episodes that he completely recovered from in a few hours each, but she DID give me the option of the full neurological assessment.
I tried to get the 2nd episode on video, but it was very hard to see that he was swaying back and forth...
Good luck and go with your gut feelings. If you think something is wrong, stay on it until you get the answers you are satisfied with.
I stopped short of the whole workup because I felt comfortable with the probable/possible diagnosis and with a wait and see attitude, but if I had felt that something was bad wrong, I would not have stopped until I had my answers.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!