View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
YorkiePupLover
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckylady View Post
I think that xrays do make them puppies look big. With them all stretched out like they are in the xray it's very easy to think that they are huge, but they are a lot smaller than you would think. It's the head/pelvic ratio that you need to be aware of. This is one of the reasons for doing an xray in the first place and I would think that if you vet thought that the pups were going to be to big for your girl to pass naturally, he would have said so and talked about doing a c section. So, as the other's have asked, what did your vet say???
It is better for the pups & mom to whelp naturally if possible, so if your vet was not concerned, I would try going that way, having your vet on stand-by when the time comes in case he/she is needed.
The vet said it might be possible to have the puppies naturally but it's also possible for them to get stuck. He said you can't really know and said I should decide. When I asked him what he would do, his response was that if money wasn't a concern then he would try to have them naturally and rush them to do emergency c-section if the puppies can't pass through. He said that if the the labor is during off hours, emergency vet would charge alot of money so if money is a factor then he said it's better to schedule a c-section during work hours.
YorkiePupLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!