View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:19 PM   #10
YorkiePupLover
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
You definitely need to talk to your vet. Personally I am against automatic c-sections but then I never would have bred a 4 lb female. I do know of another breeder that use to schedule her c-sections because she thought the pups looked to big but it turned out that the pups were not big and the mom probably could of had them naturally.

There are many risks whether you go with a natural birth or with a scheduled c-section. One issue with the c-section is that sometimes the mom will not accept her pups as readily and the mom's milk may not come in as well.

Are you experienced with delivering puppies? First time litters can be tricky so you need to have someone there with experience and you definitely need to stay in close contact with your vet. I do pray that the momma and her babies will be okay.
7/28/13 is 63 days from her first tie. They mated two more times every other day. She is currently scheduled for her c-section this Friday 7/26/13 which is 61 days from her first tie and 57 days from her last tie. Should I wait until beginning of next week?
YorkiePupLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!