View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #9
YorkiePupLover
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersellie View Post
The pups do look big. What did the vet say? If he said she could do either, I'd go with a c section. I don't know if I'd schedule one, I'd ask to wait until the last tie date if I had to make that appointment. Then I'd ask him what to do if she goes into labor sooner than expected, and what to have ready afterward. (formula, bottles- that stuff).
I hope everything goes well for you and the mom to be. Keep us updated!
The vet said the pups are big but it is also possible to deliver naturally. He said it's up to me to decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
Did the vet review the x-rays with you and did he discuss whether the birth canal was wide enough to handle a whelping?

If for some reason she should have a difficult whelp and you feel the need to take her to the vet I am pretty sure that an emerg. cesarean will be more expensive than a scheduled one. I myself have never had a reason to take my girls in for a cesarean scheduled or otherwise, so I could be wrong.

It is definitely a decision you and your vet should discuss.
I can have a scheduled c-section for about $700-800 dollars but if it's emergency c-section during vet hours, it will be another $100 or so. However, if it's off hours, I would have to take her to the emergency vet and that could be $1500-$2000.
YorkiePupLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!