View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #6
lovespandp
♥Momma's Bambino♥
Donating Member

Peanut is my first dog and is DH’s first small dog. We both had dogs growing up, but he also had a Massif around his early 20’s. When I first brought Peanut home he wanted to sell him! LOL It took about a month ½ for him to love him and want to keep him haha. Now DH would never think of not having him in our life, I know he probably doesn’t love Peanut as much as I do, but I know Peanut does have a very special place in DH’s heart.

I think it is good to feed what is recommended on the back of the food, but I think it is also important to learn how much your pet can eat, and what makes them the healthiest. It is amazing how much food has changed, like you I remember our dog eating table foods, Purina and all the other crap food they had back then- and the dog lived till 15! It has changed so much, and all you can do is research and feed what your dog does well on. In the end that is all that matters. Like you, I have done my homework and research. Some of the best foods Peanut didn’t do well on, so I’m thankful he is doing wonderful on CC and if anything changes I will re route my plan!! Like you said all you can do is your best, and I know all of us YT’ers love our babies and do what we can for them.
YT is a wonderful source to find different foods, get experienced advice. I trust YT’ers more than any other reviews.

Peanut loves the chicken!! He is right under my feet every time I take the bag out of the fridge! How he knows that bag is for him is beyond me LOL. I like giving him the chicken because it works for us, he gets one of our chicken breast and I make it for him while I make ours. It will usually last him a week. I would say every other week he gets a chicken. It was DH’s idea to give him a chicken, he said “ I wouldn't want to eat dry dog food every day”! I think Lilly would be in cloud 9 if you gave her some, it is so silly to see them get so excited over chicken! LOL

I don’t know, I just wish food companies made smaller cans. I mean they make them for cats, and I have seen bigger cats than Peanut! In general I think wet food is gross, I don’t like how it smells, how it looks, and I’m sure it isn’t that tasty LOL. I hate throwing away a whole can when some pets are starving on the streets-

My brother was feeding his dog’s Nutro! I had a little talk with him and now he put them on Blue Buffalo. There are a couple food’s where I will say something- I will put my 2 cents. Halo isn't a bad food, and if Lilly is doing well then hey like you said Why fix it!?!

It is an amazing bond between a woman and her dog! I can’t even tell you how much I love him. He is my heart and soul, and it sounds silly when I say that, but he is! I would be lost without him, and DH of course. I've had him since he was 10 weeks- he is 6 years old now and it seems our bond gets closer and closer. It sounds like Lilly is a perfect match for your family, sounds like she found a wonderful home full of love!! Can’t wait to hear the stories of her as she gets older.. seems like no matter the age they are always doing something silly!

Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!