View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #5
LilysMomma
Yorkie Yakker

Awww. Thank you, Deanna. We feel pretty grateful to have adopted her. She's already part of the family in a major way. I'm sure I don't have to convince you of that! Peanut is adorable! I love those little guys!! Lily is the first dog of our own for both my husband and I. I always had medium sized dogs growing up 20-30 lbs and my husband always had BIG dogs who were mostly outside dogs. I remember on one of our first dates many years ago at a friend's house, he whispered in my ear "Do you know they let their dog up on their bed??" Hahaha! Boy have things changed for him!! Anyway, I mention this because I guess I felt like oh gosh, I'm starving my dog! But 1/4C seems to fill her each meal. When we first adopted I did 1/4C PLUS 2 TBS wet food and that was when she had some indigestion/regurgitation issues but only for a day. I, along with my vet, thought it was because 1/4C might be her max per meal and I don't want to push it.

Talking about food is a big deal here on YT and you know, it really is in the human world too. People say no carbs/good carbs or paleo this, lowfat that, raw this, natural here, GMO there, green juice only. AAaaahhh! You could go crazy to find good nutrition for yourself! Let alone your sweet little peanutbuttercup of love, right?! I figure that I've done my homework and I'm truly doing my best to give her the best food she can have without breaking the bank or having to become a dog chef. I will try the chicken for Lily! I bet she would love it!!

The cans are the worst, what's this discrimination against small dogs! Haha, just kidding. And by the way, I had a client (I work with dogs and have for years, but let me tell you having your own is SO much different) she froze portions of her frozen food, the prescription brand as her gorgeous Silky Terrier has IBS. Anyway, after thawing the consistency was terrible! It was really more like a gravy, no texture to it at all, bleh!

If it's not broken, why fix it right?! I started to really obsess about food when I learned she was on Nutro because of course I wanted to change that immediately. I went between several foods and called in the big guns (smart dog nutrition folks) and then I had to calm myself down and remember that we had family dogs live 14-15 years on crap purina and we can do so much better now.

Anyway, I love to hear that Peanut loves his chicken, I'm putting that at the top of my list for my next trip to the market! I bet he's a really loved little guy!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!