View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #3
LilysMomma
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespandp View Post
It sounds like you have it figured out LOL, I agree with you in the food. We YT’ers get wrapped up in that issue. I think if your dog is doing well on the food than just leave it alone, unless that company has had some recalls or other issues. I’m honestly GLAD to hear you got her off the Nutro! That food is just horrible.

Peanut is 4 pounds and he gets ¼ daily. He gets 1/8 in the morning and 1/8 around 5pm. Peanut will poop 2 times a day. When I give him wet food of any kind it seems he does poop more. I don’t give him wet food, for us he is too small and the cans are too big. For us it is just a waste. So I will boil him a boneless skinless chicken breast for the week and give him little shreds of it daily. That is like his “ wet food” you can always try to do that in replace of the wet food to see if she poops less..? I don’t know if you are concerned with the amount she does or if you are just wondering what other dog do..
Thank you!! This is perfect info, I just felt like GEEZ 1/2 cup is not very much food but I guess she just has a little bitty belly! I'm not looking to increase or decrease her elimination but like you said, I'm just gaging what other pups are taking in and putting out. Since there's no such thing as "normal" for every pup, they're all so different. It sounds like based on peanut's weight, my Lily is doing about the same only times 2. She usually poops twice a day but sometimes three. I think it just depends on timing etc.

I'm SO with you on the canned food! I have only opened two cans since we adopted her 3 1/2 weeks ago and both really went to waste. I think when I figure out when/how much to feed her (I'd like to get the meat and nutrients in this canned food into her body!) I'll likely separate the small can into 4 portions and put them in little tupperwares or something air tight so they can last 4 days in the fridge. Even though the Halo cans are BPA free, I don't trust them more than a day after opening.

Thanks for sharing Peanut's info! So glad to "meet" you both!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!