Old 07-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

I agree with Deana,

Quote:
Originally Posted by elainfavourite View Post
Thanks for the replay!
I did try the treat when he comes in, but I also use a different treat when he goes. Maybe he's happy enough with the potty treat.
I tried to have a slumber party with him. He did wake up and walked around a couple times, but nothing hyper. Thanks for the advice. As soon as we can trust him for not going potty at night, we will let him in the bed

Pups are full of energy and need tons of exercise in order to wind down and sleep good at night.

Thanks again!
Are you giving the treat while still outdoors or inside?

I would suggests just one treat when you come inside after he has gone potty. Cheerio's cereal work great. He may be associating treats with outdoor play time. So, he want to go out in order to get the treat. Could be you never know.

Plus my guess is that restless time during the night is him letting you know it time to go potty. At that age their bladder are still quit small and they need to potty even after just a drink of water. Normally within 10-15 mins. I may help if you take up his water several hours before bed time and be sure he gets plenty of time to be taken out to empty his bladder before bed. My pups are all well trained but if I forget to take up their water and don't pup them out for that last potty break before bed time I sometimes wake up to a mess. So, that is important if you want to get him potty trained successfully.

Does he use the pads during the night ?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!