View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #87
Merizabeth928
Yorkie Talker

Details: She delivered around 5am that day and was immediately attended to by a vet. Her other two were much smaller in size and stillborn. (I blame myself because I felt less fetal movement on the 10th and regret not taking her to the vet that evening but assumed I was incorrect.) He did check to make sure there was no placenta retention and was given oxytocin to pass the remaining fluid. She was sent home with her pup and calcium tablet supplements that evening.

Current state: She is much better today and has not had a problem with her stools so far and appreciate the feedback. Since we were not aware she was pregnant until the end, she was not on puppy chow so I wonder if a rapid change in diet in combination with her other changes was a factor at all. The pup continues to gain weight at 1lb 7oz today. We are due back in the clinic next week for them both to have a deworming. He said he would do the initial deworming in clinic and send the rest home for us to administer.

Should there be anything else I should keep an eye out for between now and next week? Thanks again!
Merizabeth928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!