Thread: First Puppy
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #11
yorkiefan_
I ♥ my Cookie Monster!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovepink11 View Post
Thanks so much yall!!!! We had an interesting night! She cried off and on for FOUR hours. When I took her out for her bathroom break and snack she was super hyper, but my mom told me earlier she had slept alot that day while I was at work so we played a little bit. She used the potty pad twice!!! yay! She got lots of love from me on that! So.... we may have had a long snuggle fest after that. Maybe not the best thing but... she IS napping in her crate right now....

UGH this flea... gross. Ok so when I picked her up from the breeder, I noticed this scab on her neck. I asked and she said oh I was going to tell you about that. She had her vaccinations and they bothered her so she was scratching, its from that. I thought it was weird, but what do I know about puppy vaccines? And she was super nice so ok. On Sunday she seemed fine, I noticed she scratched a little on Sunday but not a crazy amount. Monday morning I noticed she had another scabbed area and then another. We went to the vet that morning, I of course was super concerned, the vet looked at her and said oh, its just a flea. "killed it" and that was that. Did have us buy frontline to treat her monthly since she was 8 weeks old. We did that Monday. I vacuumed and washed sheets and bedding but am going to again today. Last night during our cuddle session, she let me comb her for an hour so I parted her hair and searched for little problems. I got rid of some dry patches of skin and found one rouge flea that I think bit her bc she yelped right before I grabbed it and shes been scratching at that spot today. (jerk flea) So she is definitely getting a dawn bath today. I am totally freaking out. I have no animals and little insects like this are making me itch all over. Plus I feel terrible for my sweet baby. She doesnt seem to be bothered too often, but it just sucks that she is bothered at all.

Thanks for the help!!! I look forward to getting to know yall!!!
Ooh, Emmie is adorable. I especially like the shot of her sleeping on her stuffed dragon. Such an exciting time to have a pup, then it gets even better when they get full-grown and more athletic!

Cookie cried for two full hours the first night home, since I put her in the crate to sleep. When I let Cookie out to the bathroom that first night I waited until she shut up for 15 minutes so as to not reward her for her crying. She cried for another 10-15 minutes when I put her in the crate again for the night after her 3AM potty trip, but after that slept well.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!