View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 05:25 AM   #1
AllDogBoots
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Unhappy Max is Holding His Paw Up & Limping

Two days ago I came home to find Max hobbling over to me. He was completely holding his paw up about 4 inches off the ground as he walked on 3 legs. I examined his paw to the best of my ability and didn't see anything wrong. I also was unable to isolate the issue to one particular location. I gave him crate rest for about 6 hours and he was absolutely perfect for the rest of the evening.

The next morning he seemed fine and then at random he started holding his paw up again. It seemed to resolve itself about 20 minutes later and he took it easy that day. His leg appeared perfect the rest of the day.

Sadly, though, I'm an idiot. Last night I threw a ball to Cooper and Max ran after it. Since then Max can almost not walk and he's certainly not better today. He just wanted to lay down. I assume he's hurting We have a vet appointment at 5pm.

Most of you who know me know that I would take my dogs to the vet immediately upon seeing anything wrong. However, both of my dogs have been in and out of the vet this month (at least 4x each) for annual checkups, crystals/stones, ear infections, microchipping, vaccines, personal male issues, etc. I'm a total hypochondriac so wanted to see if the issue resolved itself.

Please keep Max in your thoughts today. I hope it's not serious.
max crate.jpg

Last edited by AllDogBoots; 07-18-2013 at 05:26 AM.
AllDogBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!