Thread: First Puppy
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #2
Marhcarter
♡Huey's Human♡
Donating Member

Welcome to YT and congrats on the new puppy!
1st: puppy is crying. Is she near you or in another room? They like to be with you, and if she isn't close, I suggest moving her crate next to the bed so you can put your hand down to her, and also putting a worn piece of your clothing in the crate with her so she can cuddle to your scent. I had my baby in the bed with me from day one. He was 8 weeks old and never had an accident in the bed, but you have to think of that possibility as well as the danger of falling off. I have seen others post that they a. put a mattress on the floor next to puppy at first or b. put the crate in the bed
Hopefully close contact will stop the crying.
2nd: the flea
Dawn dish soap will kill fleas.
My baby is on Trifexis, which is an oral monthly medication to prevent fleas and heartworms. He was a little older when I started the pills. I tried topicals at first, but didn't like how they greased up his hair. Talk to your vet and see what he recommends and what age is appropriate for what treatment.
3rd:
As for training, I am not the one to give you a good answer because my brat is not properly trained. I will say, if I could do it over, potty training would be my number one focus. Consistancy is the most important thing. I had mine so confused with indoor potty patch & pads, outside on grass, on the boat, etc, that he is still not fully housebroken at 4 years old.
Again, welcome to you and Emmie. You have found the place to learn more about yorkies than you ever thought possible!
We need photos!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!