Thread: First Puppy
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #1
lovepink11
Yorkie Talker

Love First Puppy

Hi! So I adopted my first puppy, an adorable little female yorkie. I picked her up last weekend, she is 9 weeks old. I took her to the vet Monday, she weighs 2 pounds. The vet was very impressed with her demeanor though, said she was very sweet and let her do what she needed to. (and then they told me she had a flea!!!!! omg I have no animals at all and she had been at my house for a night. I am still itching thinking about it and I feel terrible for the puppy. Any suggestions on chemical free ways to get rid of them let me know!!!!)

Anyway, I have been researching for awhile but I know its nothing compared to the real thing. And that is even clearer now than it was before!!! lol. Right now she is in her crate crying and I am feeling like a terrible mommy! I felt so much more prepared before I actually got her! But I just love her, she follows me around and sits at my feet but still looks scared most of the time. How do I train her or do anything with her without scaring her since she is so young? After reading through the boards I see that a lot of yall say the puppies should not leave until they are older. I completely understand why. Her were already standing straight up at 8 weeks, is that normal? They looked more like chihuahua ears. But she is AKC registered. I am sure I am just being overly... everything. Do I let her cry? How long? SO many questions and everyone has a different answer!!

Anyway... this post is so ridiculous... and probably not the best intro bc it makes me sound a little crazy but chalk it up to little sleep for a brand new overly worried mommy!!!

So Hi!!!! From Me and Emmie <3
lovepink11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!