View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #46
107barney
T. Bumpkins & Co.
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistymillar View Post
Alfie,s Doggie Dermatologist put him on Royal Canin Anallergenic and he has done very well on it.
The laws about ingredients lists is I think different here in UK. I have listed them below.

COMPOSITION: maize starch, feather hydrolysate with low molecular weight (source of L amino acids and oligopeptides), copra oil, soya oil, minerals, vegetable fibres, chicory pulp, fructo-oligo-saccharides, fish oil, mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids esterified with citric acid, animal fat, marigold extract (source of lutein). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 30600 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, E1 (Iron): 42 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.7 mg, E4 (Copper): 13 mg, E5 (Manganese): 55 mg, E6 (Zinc): 198 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.1 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 18% - Fat content: 16.5% - Crude ash: 8.8% - Crude fibres: 2.2% - Essential fatty acids: 41.8 g/kg.
- See more at: Anallergenic - Royal Canin

Alfie was really miserable before we started on this and he was still very, very young. Before and after pics are below.

Attachment 389285

Attachment 389286

Attachment 389287

Here he is now
Attachment 389288

Obviously there were other treatments involved but this food suits him and he is much healthier and happier so, I am happy too.
Alfie makes me smile! This totally warms my heart that there was a plan that worked for him. Owning a dog like this shapes your perspective that only experience can bring! I am glad you didn't swear off the "dreaded feather diet" and cared more about Alfie to trust his vets. They must boast him as a success story! I hope you have many many years with Alfie.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!