View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #42
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistymillar View Post
Alfie,s Doggie Dermatologist put him on Royal Canin Anallergenic and he has done very well on it.
The laws about ingredients lists is I think different here in UK. I have listed them below.

COMPOSITION: maize starch, feather hydrolysate with low molecular weight (source of L amino acids and oligopeptides), copra oil, soya oil, minerals, vegetable fibres, chicory pulp, fructo-oligo-saccharides, fish oil, mono- and diglycerides of fatty acids esterified with citric acid, animal fat, marigold extract (source of lutein). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 30600 IU, Vitamin D3: 800 IU, E1 (Iron): 42 mg, E2 (Iodine): 3.7 mg, E4 (Copper): 13 mg, E5 (Manganese): 55 mg, E6 (Zinc): 198 mg, E8 (Selenium): 0.1 mg - Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 18% - Fat content: 16.5% - Crude ash: 8.8% - Crude fibres: 2.2% - Essential fatty acids: 41.8 g/kg.
- See more at: Anallergenic - Royal Canin

Alfie was really miserable before we started on this and he was still very, very young. Before and after pics are below.

Attachment 389285

Attachment 389286

Attachment 389287

Here he is now
Attachment 389288

Obviously there were other treatments involved but this food suits him and he is much healthier and happier so, I am happy too.
I'll bet your would pay any amount of money for that bag of food that he can eat and keeps him from going through all that he went through! That red, hairless skin just hurts me to look at - I can imagine the misery of constant, unremitting itching and how maddening and stressful it was for Alfie. I'm so glad you found something that could help him. A dog's quality of life, to me, is extremely important. Having run into food allergy with Tibbe, I saw the agony food can cause an allergic dog. Dog food that will give a dog the nutrition it needs to live, one with no known health dangers attached to it, and consists of ingredients that a dog can eat that won't make his life miserable, is almost literally worth its weight in gold to me, whatever it is made of. If this RC food in that article can help a dog with food-related issues, when no other food works, then good for the manufacturer for developing and making it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!