View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #11
McheleM
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

I agree with Vicki.

From a shelter's side, the owner surrendered the dog because she had NO other option, and couldn't pay for medical care. Just because she found the money 8 hours after she surrendered him this time, what will happen next time he needs medical care and she cant afford it? Will she surrender him again? Obviously they are looking at long term for the dog. You people say he needs to be home and that its the best place for him but honestly, we don't know that to be true. People often shiny up the truth so they'll come out looking better. I mean no offense to the OP because I don't know her, but that's the thing, no one here knows her.

Unless any of us were in the room or listening in on the phone, we don't know exactly what was said by either party. We are going based off one person's word. The dog is on the shelter's site and it states he will be visiting the vet. Maybe they said "they didn't feel like he needed the surgery right away" but because the OP is so upset by them not returning the dog, she misheard. Like I said- no one knows the exact words spoken because none of us were party to the conversation.

I am sorry that the OP feels they are stealing her dog. This is simply NOT true. She GAVE them her dog because she wasn't able to provide the medical needs of the dog. Stealing him would be going into her home and taking him without her knowledge. She knew when she signed the paperwork it was a permanent arrangement. I honestly don't think the police are going to do anything, this is a civil matter and no crime has been committed. The owner surrendered her dog. The shelter will have all the paperwork in place to cover their side of it.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!