View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:40 PM   #9
brezofleur
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxVicki View Post
Did this Rescue Group not explain to you when you surrendered the Yorkie to them, that you needed to make sure you wanted to do this???

I am coming at this from the Rescue point of view. I have Volunteered with a Rescue Group and when ever we have someone wanting to surrender their dog we talk with them before any papers are signed. Signing those papers are legal. WE make sure the owner knows that the Pet can be returned once they sign them over. That is why we explain and talk with them.

It is unfortunate that this Rescue Group is saying he doesn't need surgery. I pray that they have taken him to the Vet and had him looked over and had leg's checked out.

I did go their web site and looked and he is posted. It does say he will be going to the Vet.

I am sorry this happening to you.
If she signed papers to surrender the dog, it was because she could not afford to pay for the medical care.

Now they are saying he does not need it. This voids the contract. She surrendered the dog because they said they would take care of him. They took him under false pretenses and are not honoring their end.

Of course, I'm not a lawyer.

OP, I would strongly suggest getting the police involved. If they cannot/will not help you, there are law services that will help you in your situation.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!