View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #35
LuvTaycieGirl
Donating YT 500 Club Member

When you have a normal healthy dog you have loads of options of what to feed your dog. You can feed whatever you see fit.

But when you have a sick dog with severe illnesses/ issues..That is NOT the option. I homecook for Taycie currently right now via a nutrition consultation with BCVN.

Taycie has 2 options at this point in her life. Purina HA or Home cooked. And she is the ripe old age of 3. I don't really have many options.

Food makes her sick. Period. I have tried many. After a $1,400 hospitalization and $2,000 for exploratory surgery and biopsy.. I PROMISE you just want them to live. Not to mention the many sleepless nights that lead up to all of that. The countless trips for vomiting and diaherra.

Ingredients are the least of your worries. I can see the Science behind it. I am thankful for it. Before Taycie's diagnosis of MVD she ate Royal Canin HA and Science Diet ZD. Why did she eat this?? Because she can not tolerate anything. When it comes down to what they can tolerate... You feed what keeps them alive. Plain and simple.

Personally.. I don't care what people feed. But remember to look on both sides.. What one dog will do GREAT dog on.. One will fail. This food is designed for dogs with severe allergies. Not a healthy dog. Many don't even have to worry about this. But I promise you this.. when you see your dog suffer and NOTHING works.. You feed what keeps them alive. Because in the end, that is the most important!

Last edited by LuvTaycieGirl; 07-17-2013 at 12:06 PM.
LuvTaycieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!