Thread: Dental Cost
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
YorkOfTheShire
BANNED!

A dental for Bella would be $125.00 including bloodwork. Antibiotics are $15.00 and they won't let you leave without those unless you sign a form stating that you chose not to get the antibiotics against their advice. ...so $140.00

However - I was told that is because Bella didn't have a "problem mouth". Dogs are all different and if their entire mouth is full of crud it would be more money.

I think it not only depends on the vet and the area in which you live, but also how long your pets have been patients there and how well you know your vet. I know it might seem "shame on you" to some people, but I know for a fact that our vet charges us less than he charges newcomers or people who are hardly ever in there. We never get charged an office visit fee, or charged for take-home pills (IE: Flagyl). The vet's office gets a lot of those as samples from suppliers and happily gives them out.

Bella had to be taken to the vet's on Sunday, have subcutaneous fluids, and a shot in the leg. He wrote it in her file simply to make a record of her visit, but when we asked if we should meet him up front to pay he said "No, don't worry about that, just take her home and make her comfortable, she'll be better by tomorrow." ...and she was. In other words...he did all that (plus drove in on a Sunday) for free.
YorkOfTheShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!