View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

You know the more I read about these pet food kibbles, the more I just want to say, hey everyone or most all, home feed, get a vet nutritionist on board to give you advice and just do the home feeding.

My God with as little food as Yorkies eat how hard can it be?

Most of us have freezers, and you can cook up one week or even two wk supply. Hey if you think that freezing food harms the nutrients etc, it is dead easy to make up 3days or so of food and keep it in the fridge.

This multi billion dollar industry is only there, because they literally feed into the consumers desire for what is fast and easy to feed, the consumers belief which has been marketed to, that kibble is the best way to feed your dog.

Some of us are old enough to remember a time when there was very little kibble around, only canned dog food, and most folks fed their dogs from table scraps or some combo of canned and table scraps.

I don't know if those dogs were as healthy as the ones we have today. There are no statistics that would show that either way.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!