Thread: Glue traps
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #7
YorkOfTheShire
BANNED!

Well, I will be the first to say that I do love animals. But, I love our dogs much more than I love mice. We had an itty bitty mouse in our house once and I still have no idea why it was here (nothing for him/her to get into). Dog food is in a sealed container as is the chicken feed, and we never leave open food packages or food on plates. Yet, it decided to take up residence anyway.

Mice can easily pass Leptospirosis (if they are infected and there is no way to know if they are or are not) to your dogs unless they are vaccinated against it, causing irreversible organ damage and can be fatal. They can catch this simply by *sniffing* mouse urine - don't even need to ingest or digest it.

The Lepto vaccine is what is known in the doggy world as a "hot" vaccination - it can cause more harm than good, especially on a toy breed. Lepto vac is not a core vaccine, it is noncore and therefore our dogs do not, and will never - get it.

So...yes, we used glue traps and snap traps to catch this one little mouse. The snap trap ended up being the one that worked, but I would not be opposed to using the glue trap if it happened again...would do it again in a heartbeat.

If that makes me inhumane, cruel, unkind or a hater of little critters - I don't care. I'm protecting my furbabies even if it means killing a mouse in a painful manner.
YorkOfTheShire is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!