View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Faboosh
YT 500 Club Member

Sad Am I being sensitive?

So I've lived with numerous dogs throughout my life, but Billi is my first dog of my own since I was a kid, so I'm experiencing a lot of firsts as her mama. I don't think I've noticed it with my family/friends dogs before, so am I being sensitive or is this normal?

Billi is about 4 1/2 months now, and I've noticed she gets kinda pissy with me. She's not really super affectionate, she only really cuddles in the mornings, but she's a total "mama's girl" and always playful. Then there's been a few times where she gets annoyed with me. Doesn't want to play, doesn't want me touching her. She will look at me, cock her head to the side and pout and then run away from me. Literally, she will go "HUMPH!" and run in the opposite direction. She's still fairly affectionate with my boyfriend and his daughter and still acts like my shadow to an extent, but the only time, if ever, she's interested in me, it's if I'm in the kitchen or near her treat jar... Sometime's it only lasts a day or two.

Is this like puppy pms? Do all dogs get like this, or just females? Am I spoiling her too much (is there such a thing?! )
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!