View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
CountryHope
Yorkie Yakker

Question Food and Travel questions

Hi, Thanks for all of the good advice about Mia's hyper-ness and biting! Now I have some questions about food! Mia is VERY picky. It sounds like that is not unusual. I usually give her Eukanuba puppy food, and leave it out for her all day. In the morning and evening, I add Cesar's to the top of it. She really ONLY ever eats the Cesars. I tried grinding the Eukanuba into a powder and mixing it with the Cesars, but she wouldn't touch it. She has been eating the Cesars fine--until this morning. She just wasn't interested. Yesterday was a big day out--we went to a reunion at a friend's house. She was perfect all day, but probably overwhelmed with all of the people and new smells and sounds. On the way there, she was freaking out in the car (so far, she HATES to be crated in the car), and vomited all over the crate. When we got there, I had to bath her right away (also not a favorite activity!) So, there was a lot of stress for such a little girl, even though she seemed to enjoy all of the attention once we were there. Anyway, I fed her late last night after we got home (she did eat at the reunion, too!), so I wasn't that concerned that she didn't seem interested in the food. However, by noon she still hadn't eaten and seemed to be pretty tired out, so I was concerned. I got her to take some honey from a baby spoon, and then I fed her some Cesars from a spoon, but she was trembling. I am guessing this was a hypoglycemic episode? It is our first experience with that, and it scared me! The vet had recommended Nutracal--which I bought--but I can't get it into her. She hates it! We ended up with her coat being a sticky mess by the end, so I don't know what to do about getting her to take it. We are going to my husband's family (2 hours away) tomorrow, for 2 days, and I know this is going to be more stress on her. Can anyone give any advice on the Nutracal, on traveling, or on how to get her to eat? Also, if she NEVER eats the Eukanuba, is the Cesars a nutritional diet on its own, or can you recommend something else? I think she has trouble with the hardness of the food. (Though, I bought Eukanuba canned puppy food today and she wouldn't eat it. Tried sprinkling parmesan on it and she just licked it off!)
CountryHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!