Thread: Breading
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #8
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiesMom View Post
Hi and welcome to the forum. I'm so happy that you are asking questions and researching before jumping in.

Yes, short answer is "messed up." Expanded answer: one should only breed to promote and/or better the breed. Breeding without proper training in how to do so, is very risky. Especially with small breeds. Please leave the breeding to the experts ok? After being on this forum for almost a year, I have seen so many sad stories about pups bred (with the best of intentions) and having problems and even dying.

And, to breed two breeds of dogs together on purpose is never a good thing. It doesn't promote the breed and it comes with questions as to what traits the puppies will get from each breed. You just can't control that and who knows what health or temperament issues will be created? Breeding mixes just leads to pups in the shelters. There are plenty of mixes in there (even pure breds). Let the people that want a mix, go to a shelter and rescue one.

Again, great that you are asking before doing. Shows that you want knowledge. That is always a good thing!
This is a great answer. I can't really say it better than this. Always approach breeding, which is extremely complicated, with all the caution you would when thinking about bringing any new living being into this world. It shouldn't be done carelessly or without a lot of thought.

And also, WELCOME to YT. Glad you found us and I hope you stick around to learn more. If you visit both the Breeders section and the Breeding info in our Library, you'll find some excellent info .

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!