View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
Princessyorkies
Owned by my Furbabies

I also live in Ohio and I went about two years ago to a dog auction. I heard all kinds of things about them so I decided that since you can't always believe what you hear what better way to find out then to go myself and see with my own eyes.
I will have to look and see if I still have the brochure on the auction or if I kept any info at all about it and when it is. I do remember they have it I think twice a year. It is around Berlin I remember that much. But be prepared to feel very sorry for many of them. They have all different breeds there and some of the prices I could not believe. You would think they would go fairly cheap....HA...no way they go from any where from $1000.00 up to about $3000.00, and some of these were CKC, ACA and so on. Very few AKC registered ones. I even seen a yorkie up on the auction block that weighed 35 pounds. They tell you their registry and the age, and weight. Boy I hope I kept the brochure because in there it also lists the dogs, and regisrty and I wrote down the prices as they were auctioned. We stayed for the whole thing and the go in alphabetical order on the breeds.
Some were pitiful looking and not in the best of health although you do have to show a health certificate and shot records before they can be auctioned. Makes me wonder once I saw the conditions of some of them how the vet there let then on the auction block....
I do remember they have this for two days because the second day is for the one who has for instance patella problems and others...
Princessyorkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!