Thread: dangerous Toys
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #11
Stormy
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Omg

[QUOTE=Pattie]Yes think about it... Go to your search engine and put in Greenies... Several dogs died (large dogs too) I guess the manufacturer states greenies are 100% digestable. Fact is they are only 80% digestable. They may have changed their packaging since the lawsuit but there was a bunch of controversary over greenies because one of the dogs that had trouble did not die, the owner had emergency surgery. The Doc finds this big green blob and asked the owner if he knew what this was. They said it looked like the old fashion type of carpet padding, kind of rolled in a ball. The blob was blocking the intestines of the dog. The owner recognized it as greenies right away.

Most people agree, depending on the dog. Some gulp down things, some savor it. Which means what is safe for one temperment is unsafe for another. If greenies do not digest, they will cause a blockage, this is agreed by all involved in that lawsuit but the fact is, no matter what we feed our babies, if it is not 100% digestable, don't give it - TO EAT OR TO PLAY, unless properly supervised.............. My Baby is not a destoyer of toys or bones - she is the savoring type. Her favorite tpys are catnip-free cat toys.. Especially the small foam balls. She spends hours & hours throwing, fetching and popping them into the air. This woud not be a good toy for one who chews, my breeder reccommended only rib-eye bones from Wallmart. I think Chloe would be board with only one type of toy so I supervise with all kinds. No eyes/buttons/small tiny removal parts. She also loves small squeekie toys[/QUO

I saw this both ways when I gave my larger size Yorkie a Greenie. Was shocked when she pooped out a huge ball of greenie and then the next time she threw up a huge blob of it and then I realized how dangerous they were. The dog loved them. I was so lucky they they came out on their own without surgical intervention. NEVER NEVER give them to your Yorkies....(or any dogs for that matter) Large dogs have had the same problems.

Imagine losing a valuable and much loved baby to something as stupid as a GREENIE treat.....I shudder at the thought.
Stormy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!