Thread: Merle Yorkie?
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #13
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyziegirl View Post
The lady breeding merle Yorkies is from Germany I believe. She has a Facebook page called Merle Yorkshire Terriers, I been following it for a few years now. You could see that she most like outcrossed her yorkie with a long coat merle cobby Chihuahua, than crossed back the chorkies to the Yorkies. You can set the type in any breed by the third generation and they will breed true. That's why Mars DNA testing will only go back three generations, because it really doesn't matter what is in a breed before that as long as it has been bred back to it own kind for three generations. I've been breeding merles for years in my Toy Doxies. You only run into trouble if you cross the merle with another merle that has to much white on it, like a full while collar, white splashed chest, white boots, sometimes even the smallest spot on the chest is enough to cause the puppies to be born with a lot of white and they will be deaf, Ones with blue eyes could have smaller eye globes and off set pupils or worst, on eyes at all. I've done merle to merle with no white markings anywhere and the puppies are just like any other puppy that is born normal, not one thing wrong with them. But it's a gene that the novice breeder should be aware of before they get involved with breeding the merle gene. But now a days I always go with the merle to black and tan so I get a little of many colors. My main stud carries for just about every color out there and it is very interesting to see new variation of colors being born with each breeding. Being retired now, I all the time in the world to devote to my little one, and couldn't think of one thing better I would like to be doing with the rest of my life. The merle Yorkie will catch on sooner or later, and when it does, it will be like a run away train you can't stop, no more than you could stop it in Great Dane, Boxer, Doxie, Cocker, Poms, Min Pins, Pits, Chihuahuas, and now Yorkies to just name a few. You name it's going to come in merle someday. The dog is whatever man wants it to be, after all, all breeds were created by man. Merle dogs are simply stunning to look at, and people become hooked on a look when it comes to the dogs they buy. My hat's off to the breeders that have the nerve to take that giant step forward, along with all the bad mouths out there, and go develop their hearts desire. Wait until I develop the merle Mi-Ki and my own lines of merle Yorkies, man are the tongues going to be flapping. Oh by the way have you checked out the beautiful chocolate merle Great Danes on Kiss My Cocoa.com????... Absolutely gorgeous!

Chase at 13 weeks for dachshund talk_.jpg
Why are you here? You are really desiring attention huh?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!