View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #7
Lorraine
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Hi I am not sure if I can help you but maybe i can give you a guideline of what I do.
FIrst, I do not ship. I must meet the prospective owner before I agree to a sale. I have an application on my website for the enquirer to complete. I follow up with phone interview. If the person lives a distance away, they must fly or drive to me to meet me, the pup, the parents of the pup etc. I am willing to pick up the prospective owner at airports.
I do not advertise on Facebook and won't. On my website I sometimes list a puppy or older dog if I have one for sale. I must interview before I agree to that sale. I do not take deposits until the prospective owner is approved as a suitable new home. I do not take credit cards or paypal. My website provides a lot of information about my dogs, puppies, Yorkies in general.
I answer any questions and expect to be asked questions by any prospective new owner.
My dogs and puppies I have available for a new home are not a commodity. They are living beings requiring good care and now with the costs of Vet bills and ordinary Vet services, I must ensure whoever buys a puppy will take care of those things especially dentals, a common problem in toy breeds.
Bottom line, I need to sleep nights and I can't do that if I worry about whether or not a puppy I sold got a good home. I need to be very certain I have made the right decision.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!