View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
ShowGirlLola
YT 1000 Club Member

Default Insurance ramblings and questions

I asked my vet the other day about getting insurance for Lola and he said he doesn't recommend it.
He said one of his patients needed a $4,000 surgery and the insurance company said it was only worth $2,000 so they only paid their portion of the $2,000. He didn't know which company it was.

I've been with this vet for 14 years, and he took excellent care of my dog with her epilepsy and congestive heart failure.

After all I went through with my other dog I'm afraid to not have insurance, but at the same time I'm unsure.

The companies I checked want $30-40 a month, which seems high since Lola is only 4 months old.
Even if I added up all the medical costs from my other dog I think I would have just about broken even, before co-pays. (($30 X 12 months)X 15 years)= $5,400.

I know anything can happen, and how insane prices can be. My cousin's dog had to have a bunch of teeth pulled and it was $600!!! (doesn't sound normal to me, and she didn't go to my vet)

Has anyone filed a claim with an insurance company? Which one? How did it go?
Do most cover things such as pulling teeth as long as it isn't a preexisting condition?
Do any of the good ones cover routine stuff such as vet visits, vaccines, flea & heart worm medications, spaying, etc?
Would the cost stay the same or go up as Lola gets older or if I file claims?
ShowGirlLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!