View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
IEkoa
Yorkie Talker

Default Question Regarding 4 year old Yorkie Diet

Hello! I wanted to get your opinions on our yorkie's feeding process/schedule.
Please post your un-filtered raw opinions about the safety and effectiveness of this process!

At around 9 am, we feed our yorkie heated up mashed cesar. If he does not want to eat it, we open his mouth and force feed the food down his throat. We do this for the entire can of cesar. Sometimes this can take upwards of 45 minutes to safely do so without hurting him.

We have water out all day for him.

At around 6 pm, we repeat the same process as the morning feeding: force feeding 1 entire can of cesar if he fails to do so by himself.

Later at night around 9pm, we put out kibble and he eats approximately 4-5 tablespoons.

We tend to have to force feed him a lot. Some days he will throw up yellow bile/white foam and others the vomit will consist of purely cesar. The yellow bile tends to occur both when he hasnt eaten or after we have force fed him-which is frequently.

I just want to hear your reactions to how we have to feed our 5 year old yorkie. (He will turn 5 soon).
Despite my urging to change his diet to kibble only, other members of the family are dead-set on feeding him this way, which by the way is the same way he has been fed since birth. He will consistantly eat kibble at night, even on his own, so transitioning to kibble only will be easy. However, the other members of the family are unable to change their ways and do not trust my opinion/advice.

I also forgot to mention that our yorkie is around 7 pounds.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by IEkoa; 07-10-2013 at 06:22 PM.
IEkoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!