View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
amberfranklin
Yorkie Yakker

Default 5 month old potty issues

My 5 month old Chloe is a joy to have in our home,yet potty training has been a struggle. We have had her since 12 weeks. I am a teacher and home with her for the summer.She has had fairly free run of the house, though I am constantly watching her and rooms are closed off. I know she can hold her potty for a long time because she goes to bed in her crate at around 10 and up at 5 with no accidents or even waking. We constantly take her out and she goes often, gets Cheerios and a lot of praise. Then when we come in, she will potty again shortly on the carpet, even though she may have just gone 10 minutes earlier!

I have tried to put her on a feeding schedule, but she just picks at her food all day. When we go out to potty, she gets distracted often, we come back in when she doesn't go and before I get her back out she will squat and potty! Since it is hot,she always acts thirsty when we come in,so I give her a little water. Am I giving her too much water? She does eat all her food at one setting, so feeding is also a struggle.

Sorry for the ramble, I just wonder if we will ever master this? Is she too old for crate training? I just feel it may be cruel after being free in the house. Any advise.
amberfranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!