Thread: sad day
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
YT 1000 Club Member

Default sad day

Have never had to post here. Josey had her pup yesterday it was a singleton and we lost him. He had a hard time coming butt first, first litter for her also, his lungs were too full of fluid tried everything we could to keep him going he lasted about 2 hours then just could not keep going.
It is very sad to loose a puppy especially when it is the only one you got!
My little 7 year old Brandon was very upset he held that little puppy for a long time crying over him, had a talk with him about loosing puppies the pros and cons of having puppys, and what risks we take when we have them, part of breeding these little guys. I told him we can always have more puppies but can never get another Josey. Is so sad Josey is carrying around a little stuffed animal with her today curling up with it and licking it, I feel so bad for her.
Also a year ago today my dad passed away with CHF so is a hard day for Brandon in that respect also.(And myself).
He wants to bury it, but the ground is froze so my mom is going to wrap it up and keep it froze till spring so we can have a funeral for it. Very important for kids to have an ending with death. He asked this am right away were the pup was I told him out in the garage and he cried" but it is so cold out there mom"
I feel so bad for him he is wrestling today and did not want to go so I am hopeing he does okay. And I told him the little one was in heaven and he knows about this site and wanted all you to know about the puppy we lost.
011011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!