View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #22
Gillykat
Senior Yorkie Talker

Thank heavens Libby is ok now It's scary just HOW quickly small dogs can overheat

Personally I NEVER take my dogs out when it's hot.....not in the middle of the day anyway I used to take previous dogs out at around 7am when it's cooler and again in the evening around 8pm (usually at the coast where there's a refreshing breeze and cool waves to walk in too). During the hottest part of the day I've always kept the dogs inside with a big bowl of cold water, access to the cooler kitchen & bathroom tiles and, in my south-facing living room, I keep the blind down to minimise how hot the room gets. If they've needed a toilet break I'll take them out on the lead to their usual spot two minutes from home but they never get the chance to run loose and heat up Thankfully in the UK days when it's dangerously hot are few and far between....tho' we ARE up in the high 20's at the moment which is too hot for me
When we've had dogs come with us on holiday (in the UK) in the past we've also chosen cooler months so it's not dangerously hot for them....usually before mid-May and after late September It suits Neil and I too as neither of us like hot weather either
Gillykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!