Thread: Over eating?
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 05:44 PM   #12
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb1 View Post
She is feeling better from the 4th of July gorging. But Yesterday, she went and started eating our Cocker's food. Bailey just stood back and watched her eat her food! Now, today she has pooped 5 times......not diarrhea, but loose! She is always looking for something to eat. I give her snacks in-between her 3 meals. She gets bananas, green beans, apples or a few pieces of kibble. She has a sensitive tummy and anything other than the above food, she gets a tummy ache. I am having a hard time, when she is outside, keeping her from eating what ever she finds on the ground. She even will try to eat bird poop & dog poop!!!
My boys love bird poop. I say "gross!" and they keep walking. Supposedly bird poop is a potential carrier for Lepto, so you should discourage that.

I would hold try holding back on the bananas, which can be heavy, and the green beans and apple which can cause gas/pain. Stick to kibble for treats.

The only other thing I can suggest is strict supervision/limited freedom/redirecting when she is looking for food/training to "leave it" to prevent her from eating things she shouldn't. As you know, my Max stole Teddy's breakfast when I wasn't looking. He was happy to have a second breakfast. Ugh!

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!