Thread: Dental Issue
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaSid View Post
I'm new to this so please bare with me. One of my Yorkies has her lower front teeth moving, not just the teeth but the plate under them. I have a call into the vet now to get her teeth cleaned and most likely they will pull these also. I have three other Yorkies without this problem. Does anyone know what causes this or what it is. I do brush her teeth and I haven't had them cleaned as she has a very traumatic past and I fear putting her under again.
Hi Lisa. Welcome to YT!

I'm not sure what you mean about the "plate" moving...? (sorry I am not the best expert to answer obviously but I wante to help in what way I can).

Yorkie's are subject to teeth issues. I think it is pretty much a genetic thing with them. Does she have tarter build up on those teeth?

I understand not wanting to put her in for a dental. These little ones are so scary to have under anesthesia. Make sure you get them to do the pre-op bloodwork ok? It is so important so they can test her liver and such..make sure the anesthesia will be safe.

Praying for her to do well and for those teeth to get fixed. She'll be so much more comfortable and happy when they are. We are here for your support during it, also, ok?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!