Thread: Immunizations
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #13
SoCalyorkiLvr
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhanna
I do not vaccinate yearly since the procedure almost killed our little pom/cross. She was vaccinated the first 2 years of her life then when she was 3 she had a reaction. We were told that she should have the vaccines separated. They tried that a year later and same reaction. Luckily this time she remained at the vets after the vaccines. The vet told me never to have her vaccinated again. That was 7 years ago and she has been fine ever since. I think we should have our puppies vaccinated but we have to be very careful when they are adults.
I am so happy you posted your story. Some dogs may never have a "reaction" but their immune systmes may still be compromised and it is expressed in other ways that we can never prove was as a result of over vaccination but many vets suspect it.

You made another good point too and that is that you should never let the vet give your baby "combo" shots. While it is easier and cheaper and more convenient for them, it is not in the best nterests of your baby...it is hard on them and if their is a reaction you have no way of knowing which vaccine it was that caused the reaction. Always allow only one shot at a time and space them two to three weeks apart according to my vet.
SoCalyorkiLvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!