View Single Post
Old 02-11-2006, 09:13 AM   #6
jwash
YT 500 Club Member

When I was thinking about getting a yorkie, I got a book that explained how important it was to handle them, esp face and feet, right from the beginning. I'd get on the floor, play and then pet them around their face, would hold a paw and pet, then another, etc. The purpose is to avoid just the problem you are having, they just don't like certain areas to be handled. The same is true for brushing teeth. Do it from the beginning so when they are older, they will not bite or move their head. Now Chloe and Lacey will allow me or a groomer to take care of them. I brush daily, wipe their face and behind, brush their teeth, etc. and then every month they get professionally groomed. I probably won't be popular for this comment, I will not use any of the chain petstores. You can even find someone who will come to your home and groom, look around, check with your vet. There are good groomers and then there are those I just do not want handling my babies. I went through 4 before finding a good one.
jwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!