View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:51 AM   #9
StriRy
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks for the advice! As much as I want to get him in training classes it's just not in the funds rights now (I'm a teacher for a private school and have no income during the summer :-( ).
He definitely does have abandonment issues. He can be stubborn (but can't all dogs? Lol) but this is directly related to him being left alone. It took me about 2 weeks after getting him to realize this is anxiety from being left alone. Rightfully so indeed.

I want to help him, Im not ready to give up on our handsome little fella. We just can't afford training classes right now. At least until school starts back up.

Do any of you know of some places that may have discounted or free services?

He gets lots of love and attention when we are home. I have read to leave something of my scent with him when we leave since I am the person he "clinges" to the most (basically I'm his favorite in the house lol) do any of you know if that works?

I'm not sure what training he had previously if any. After his neuter I put a puppy pad down for him and he seemed to know to use it but I've since tried that and it hasn't helped any with the messes.
StriRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!