View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 06:00 AM   #8
cindersellie
Tiny♥HoldsLotsOfLove
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneysmommmy View Post
Lynzy has some great advice. I would definitely follow through with her suggestions. In the mean time, is it possible for you to gate off a smaller portion of your home like your bathroom or laundry room? This way he has room for his nervous poop without having to lay in it like he does in his crate and you do not have to go on an "egg hunt" so to speak when you return home from outings. Cover the floor of this room with papers or potty pads and this will make your clean up much quicker.
I was thinking the same thing. A smaller area with a tile floor- not carpet- will make clean up faster. Pads covering the area is a great idea too. Use baby gates in doorways if you need to so the area is small.
What I did when mine hit the pad, I'd say how awesome she did and give a treat. Positive reinforcement goes a long way- so does being consistent. A firm NO at the wrong poop spot, then moving her to the pad and saying POOP HERE helps. Don't yell, and don't over do the No. He'll get it, it's just going to take more time and patience. Hang in there!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!