View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
StriRy
Yorkie Yakker

Animal Smiley 049 Anxiety induced potty accidents. Need help my husband is about ready to throw it in

We have had our boy for 4 months now. He is a 5 year old male. So any training we do is more than just a simple follow puppy training guidelines bc we have teach new habits while "unteaching" his old ones. My husband is getting so frustrated with it he's ready to to find him a new home but I'm not ready. So I need some serious training tips so I can turn this around!

Basically, any time we leave the house (no matter the length, even if its just 10minutes) he poops. Either in the house or if we crate him he will go in crate also. He never has accidents when we are home only if we leave. We will take him out to potty before we go but here's the kickers; he knows we are leaving and he will refuse to potty. He will just sit there and stare at us, no Mather how much we try to encourage him to go he refuses. So we put him in his crate, turn on the TV for him tell him we will be back and leave. Whenever we come back home there is always a mess to clean up. I'm sure this is anxiety bc he knows we are leaving and he will start to shake before we leave.

While I don't want to get rid of him I can understand my husband annoyance. We come home from a fun outting, a day at work, from grocery store and the second we open the door we are welcomed with the stinch of poop which is followed up with a 30 minute process of cleaning his cage out, bathing him and drying him. We have a 3 year old daughter to watch during all of this also. so this is very much so a problem to deal with every single time we leave the house.

Problem is, I don't know what else to. We crate him, which localizes the mess but it doesn't stop the problem. I have been told try letting him roam, he still has accidents if we do and frankly we can't keep letting him have accidents through the house bc we live in a rental property.

What do you do for anxiety? How do I fix this before my husband puts his foot down?
StriRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!